Friday, May 9, 2008

About Us

So I have finally made a Blog. I can't believe that I have finally conformed to the "Thing To Do Right Now". But the more I learn about them, the more it seems like it could be kind of fun and a way to let people know what we are up to these days. Well I guess the thing to do first is to write about the Lyons couple. We have been married for just over a year now and we are still loving every minute of it. We really do get along really well when it comes to anything other than how we think the furniture should be arranged, or the best way to do certain things. Jonathan has learned well though to just let me show him how things should go and he soon finds out that it really is the better way (he he). But no he really is very good to me and we really do agree and most everything but her does let me decide where to hang the pictures and then he helps me hang them. We love to just be together, no matter what we are doing, but for the most part we love to just cuddle up to a good movie or an episode of The Office after a hard day at work. I work as a registered nurse at an OBGYN's office. I totally love it. It kind of makes me baby hungry though seeing, all of these pregnant women come in and out of the office every day. But then I seen them at the end of their pregnancy when they are miserable and then it makes me think again. Jonathan is currently working at Melaleuca (Thank Mckay my big brother for the good reference) during the weekdays, and then at the Outback Steakhouse on the weekends for a few extra bucks. He does well but wouldn't tell ya that he want to be doing that for the rest of his life. His jobs are good for right now while he does to school, he will start in the fall at BYU-Idaho, and hopefully eventually gets into dental school. Currently we are living with the parents in Idaho Falls. Can't say there hasn't been any tension, but we are very grateful to them while we wait to get into some apartments in good old Rexburg. It hasn't been bad not having to pay rent every month or buy food either. But it can be hard living with the parents and a little sis who has been the only child for the last 5 years i must say. Well that is us and what we are up to as of late. We don't have any kids to writ about or post cute pictures of so our blog will probably be kind of small and boring of the time being. Not much different happens to us so we will see how I do at updating this thing.

8 comments:

Our Family said...

Welcome to the blogging world Lamissa! Don't you worry about the "baby hungry" caused by the office, you quickly get used to it. Enjoy your time together, the kids will come eventually and everything will change. It is a positive change but you'll look back and not regret the time you had together. So I'm waiting for an update... something about canoes, and camping, and your little sister, and a rather large animal???

Coleman, Ashley, Cash, and Presley said...

Hey! so...you have a blog! that is so fun! now maybe you should update it! :) haha!

Our Family said...

No, really Melissa. It is time for an update.

Our Family said...

Update, update! We want an update!!!

Our Family said...

Are you even getting these messages pleading for updates??? Maybe this is an ineffective way to get the message across.

Matt Smith said...

Melissa,
It was so fun to read about you and Jonathan. You did forget to mention that your loving sisters Hannah and Julie really got you two together in the first place, which is paramount info to include on your blog. So, I expect and update soon!!!! : )
Hannah

Our Family said...

Hey! I have an idea... you should blog about your cruise! Or your other news. Imagine the possibilities!

Robin and Stephenie said...

good Idea angela...maybe you will have to remind lissia how to get to her blog. I hear she has forgotten.