Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Dad's Moral to MY Story...

So I sat in my parents kitchen yesterday while my father read my post about "My day from you know where" that I posted yesterday. After he finished reading it he stated, "Well you know what the moral to that story is..." And I quickly interjected with a smirk on my face, "Rexburg Stinks!?" ( I may have used a not so ladylike word there but I am trying to be better and not use it anymore. Not to be confused with a cuss word!) But then I quickly realized what my father really was going to say and I said it before he could get the words out, "Never let your gas tank get under a quarter of a tank full." With a smile in his eye he said, "That is exactly right." For those of you who know my dad, you know that that it SO my dad!!! From the day that I got my driver's license my daddy would impart those words of wisdom frequently. Probably right after I went to him asking for a little cash to get gas or I wouldn't be able to make it to school.

My dad is one of those Overly prepared types! I don't remember a road trip that we took as kids where there wasn't one or two sleeping bags and an emergency candle in the trunk just in case the car quit or we ran off the road and it was night time or just cold outside, even if it was the middle of July! Don't get me wrong, I love this about my dad! I am so much like him! Always thinking ahead.

After I married Jonathan he would get so confused when I would start stressing and telling him that we NEED to get gas TODAY! He would look at me and say, "We still have over a quarter of a tank and you could get to work and back at least twice on that!" And my response would be, " I know but I would feel a lot better if we got gas today!" My sweet husband would shake his head and stop at the gas station. Needless to say, after my morning yesterday, I don't think my husband will ever question me again when I insist on getting gas, no matter how full the tank is!!

Thanks Daddy for being so prepared to take care of us no matter what Might happen, even if it never did! And for teaching me to be the same way!

No comments: